cheap and cheerful carbonara
very cheap and quick carbonara!
1) Boil the water for spaghetti – I always add salt
2) Whilst waiting for the water to boil chop the mushrooms into quarters and cut the ham into strips
3) When boiled add the spaghetti to the water
4) Start to fry the mushrooms in a knob of butter
5) Gradually add the soft cheese and milk in roughly equal quantities until the sauce is at a thickness you require
6) When the spaghetti is very nearly ready or done add the ham to the sauce
7) Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan
8) Add the sauce mixture to the drained spaghetti and stir
9) Serve and enjoy.
I estimated that this would cost less than £1 per serving