Published Saturday, 07 January, 2012 by Jade Marsh
1. Lightly coat the wok in olive oil and heat.
2. Add the diced onion and garlic paste and stir.
3. After cooking the onion for 2-3 minutes, add the frozen vegetables.
4. After the vegetables look slightly cooked (not frozen) add the nasi goreng paste and stir.
5. Add the chicken and cook thoroughly.
6. Once chicken and vegetables are cooked: move wok content to a side of the wok, crack the egg into the wok - scramble and then mix with the content.
7. Add the basmati rice
8. Splash a litlte soya sauce onto the rice
9. Add a the table spoon of oyster sauce
1. You can buy ready cooked basmati rice which can be fried for about two minutes (quick cooking). Also once the rice is added - do not fry for longer than 5 minutes.
2. I add the oyster sauce for a bit of extra flavour but it isnt necessary.
3. If your wok contents starts sticking to the wok, just add a little bit more oil.
4. In total cooking time is max 20 minutes (can dice the chicken quickly while the vegetables cook or you can buy ready diced chicken) with cooking on a high heat.
5. If you can't get hold of nasi goreng paste than you can substitute this by adding 3-4 table spoons of oyster sauce instead.
Alternatively - can be a yummy vegetarian dish by ommitting the chicken.