Published Tuesday, 11 August, 2009 by Sophie
1.(prep)Chop onion finely
2.(prep) chop pepper into medium square(-ish) sized pieced.. aviodig the pith.(white bit)
3.(prep) cut bacon intomedium sized square pieces.
4. (prep) chicken into cube-like pieces.
5. fry onions and bacon in oil
(add the optional chilli power if desired)
6. after a couple of mins add chicken and pepper
7. cook for about 5 mins or untill it seems cooked.
8. add tinned tomatoes and about a table spoon of puree.
9. stir for a couple mins.
10. Add stock cube to a jug and add 2 mug fulls of boiling water .. stir untill cube is disolved, and add to risotto.
11. add 2 cups of long grain rice (always add an equal amount of rice to the liquid added). stir.
12. cover and leave to simmer on a low heat (or put in slow cooker) for a couple of hours.
13. the rice cooks and expands in the liquid .. will be softer the longer you leave it.
It's fine to eat alone , or with french bread/ garlic bread.
Also it's really nice to eat cold... leftovers!!!
The most delicious and comforting chicken soup you will ever make!
Been in the family for generations
Delicious, comforting, and warm on a cold or sickness day!!
Very tasty, quick and easy!
A delicious creamy risotto - no muss, no fuss!