1. First, prep the ingredients by mincing the garlic, and cutting the chicken, pepper, chilli and onion into chunks of your desired size.
2. To make the sauce, mix the wet ingredients (ketchup, honey and soy sauce) in a bowl. The specific measurements are generally down to personal taste but I find 1 part honey to 1.5 parts ketchup to half part soy sauce is about my favourite ratio.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok and lightly fry spring onions, chilli and garlic for about a minute
4. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned
5. Pour the sauce into the pan and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through ? around 10 minutes.
6. While the sauce is thickening and chicken is cooking, boil the rice in a separate pan