1. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of water in a saucepan and stir in the sugar, heating gently until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the cherries and heat through for 5-8 minutes, or until the cherries are starting to soften and the juices resemble syrup.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the cherry brandy and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the cream in a large glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl and water do not touch. Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Mix the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture until glossy and smooth.
6. Spoon the cherries into the bottom of six ramekin dishes or small dessert pots, and top with the chocolate mixture. Chill for 30-60 minutes, or until set.
7. To serve, grate over a little more dark chocolate.