Coffee And Cinnamon Biscuits
A crunchy treat, perfect for the festive season
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix the caster sugar and instant coffee together.
4. Place the butter in a saucepan over low heat and heat till boiling.
5. Pour the melted butter into the mixture and leave for 5 minutes without stirring.
6. Add the egg to the butter mixture and beat until it is thick and creamy.
7. Sift the flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon together.
8. Work in the flour into the butter mixture to make a soft dough.
9. Take teaspoonfuls of the dough, roll into balls and place on trays. Flatten slightly with a fork.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes.
11. While the biscuits are baking, mix the sugar and cinnamon together to make the cinnamon sugar.
12. As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, allow to cool for a few minutes, and transfer onto a wire rack.