Published Sunday, 01 July, 2012 by Ad
This recipe serves approximately 4 with leftovers. These can be kept in the fridge and taste even better the next day (will keep for approximatley 3 days). The bolognese can also be frozen and will keep for approximately 2 weeks in an airtight container in the freezer.
1. Chop onions. Turn the pan to a medium heat, add cooking oil and then add the onions.
2. When the onions have softened add the tomato puree, the garlic puree, a dash of pepper and chili powder.
3. Mix together and then remove from pan and leave to one side.
4. Add a tiny bit more oil and then put the meat in the pan (ensure to remove the paper from the bottom). Cook until brown all over.
5. Put the onions back into the pan with the meat and add the tinned tomatoes. Stir.
6. In a separate pan cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
7. Crush the stock cube as small as possible. Then add enough boiled water to fully cover the meat and put in the stock cube. Stir.
8. Add the lemon juice and then leave for the excess water to evaporate. Stir occasionally and taste to see if more spice is required.
9. Using a colander or sieve remove the cooked pasta from the water and separate out into portions
10. When the bolognese is no longer watery serve over the pasta with a touch of cheese if desired.