Published Thursday, 09 April, 2009 by ben r rogers
1. Tip the meat into a large bowl and add the curry powder, half the onion. spring onion, garlic, thyme, ginger and scotch bonnet chilli. Mix everything together; cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
2. Heat the oil in a sturdy casserole pan set over a high heat. Tip the meat into the oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add the potatoes, carrots, and squash
3. Pour over about 250ml hot water, or enough to cover the meat, put a lid on and simmer for 45minutes - 1 hour, until just tender
4. Add the potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, remaining onion, and seasoning to the pan. Top-up with hot water - enough to barely cover the vegetables. Continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes until tender. By now the sauce should be well reduced and the meat and vegetables tender.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice or rice and peas
We at Student Recipes have put together a Pinterest Board of Easy Mug-Meal Recipes for that guy or girl on the go! www.pinterest.com/studentrecipes/student-recipes-mug-and-microwave/ Upload your version on studentrecipes.com and we'll share it on Facebook.