Published Sunday, 28 March, 2010 by jess
FOR THE CAKE
1) mix together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. add the egg,mix well.
2) Mix in the flour and cocoa powder and any exras you want to put in (e.g choclate chunks, banana, cherries....)
3) put in the oven at 180'c for 15-20 mins
wait until the cakes have cooled,then
FOR THE ICING
1) beat together the sugar and butter and add a little hot water to get it to mix. add the hot water in lil drops so u don't use too much.
2) add the cocoa powder and mix well
3) spread over the cakes and add a topping if wished ( such as chocolate, weets, sprinkles...)
We have the ultimate checklist for #students for #uni! Do you need that frying pan? Consult our checklist! studentrecipes.com/blog/the-ultimate-uni-checklist
It's National Burger Day today!
Try out one of these recipes from our student contributors...
Or if you're out and about see if you can track down one of these today! www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkpicturegalleries/11824896/The-worlds-best-burgers.html
Are you heading off to uni soon and panicking that you don't have all you need - fear not! We have the ULTIMATE checklist to share with you! Stay tuned!
Veggie Omelette: 5 min Simple, good and easy http://t.co/gu0kONv1w4
The salty-sweet salad: regular salad with a secret taste http://t.co/iwcEUjwlVg
Easy chicken (super good): Chicken with cream and veggies - healthy! http://t.co/1hI1kenTkf
The Almond peach tart: A delicious tart to eat with your housemates! http://t.co/eusX0RN5nu
Pasta - The chilean Way: Bored of pasta butter? Here comes the Tuna and tomatoes http://t.co/OlhL3F1NNR