Published Tuesday, 15 June, 2010 by kim
I use an electric whisk to do this, b ut an electric blender works fine too.
1. Turn on oven at 180-200 degrees. Put all ingredients in a big bowl;
2. Blend until smooth. (if the mixture is too runny just add flour)
3. Put in one big cake tin, or two seperate cake tins if you'd prefer a layered cake
4. Keeping an eye on the cake, leave until the cake browns.
To test whether the cake is ready i poke the centre with a fork. If it slides out clean the cakes ready, but if some mixture is left on then leave to bake a little longer.
5. When the cake is ready leave to cool completely before decorating. If you don't, the butter icing will go horrible!
Banana butter icing.
Add banana powder, icing sugar and butter to a bowl and mix until it forms a smooth paste. Keep tasting until you have desired taste. If you're not applying the icing to te cake straight away then put it in the fridge, or it will begin to seperate.