Easy-Peasy Cottage Pie
Easy method, simple ingredients, tasty outcome!
1. Dice the potatoes and put in boiling water with a little salt, bring to the boil.
2. Fry off the onion, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli stem and other veg in a little oil.
3. Add the beef mince to the pan, fry off and mix all ingredients together.
4. Crumble the stock cube, or gravy granules over the meaty mix, and stir in.
5. Put a generous squirt of tomato ketchup and stir into the mixture. Leave to simmer on a low heat for few minutes.
6. Once potatoes are soft, drain, add little milk and butter and mash.
7. Season the meaty mixture with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Transfer to an oven proof dish. Spread mashed potato over the top and grate cheese over potato.
8. Bake in oven for 20-30mins or until cheese is melted and browning on top.