Cheap, yummy and good for winter!
1. Chop the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic. Prepare the stock.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions and garlic for about 3 minutes.
3. Turn down the heat and add the butter, carrots, potatoes and the seasoning. Stir all together.
4. Add the tomatoes and stock. Turn up the heat again and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the frozen peas and stir.
6. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before blending or crushing with a potato masher.
the main ingredients cost about £2 from sainsbury’s and makes enough for 4 meals.