big chewy chocolate chip cookies!
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C & grease a baking tray or line with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a small bowl.
3. In a larger bowl cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Then beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand or using a wooden spoon. Drop the cookie dough into the baking trays, each cookie should have around 4 tablespoons of dough. (for smaller cookies use around 1 tablespoon of dough and cook for around 7 minutes). Don’t flatten the dough but you need your cookies around 8cm apart as the do spread out in the oven.
5. bake for around 13-15 minutes in the oven or until the edges are lightly toasted. Leave them to cool slightly before eating.