Hearty Haddock Soup!
Also known as chowder or cullen skink if you’re scottish!
1. Put fish fillets, milk, bayleaf and herbs in a wide pan and bring to a genlte boil, then turn the heat riiiiiight down and let the fish cook until it’s soft and flaky. It doesn’t take long so watch it carefully.
2. Remove fish onto a plate and strain the cooking liquid into a bowl.
3. When fish is cool enough to handle (i’ve burnt my fingers too many times!) peel off the skin and break the fish into pieces.
4. In a sauce pan saute an onion in butter or oil until soft, then add the strained cooking liquid.
5. Put in the mash and stir through until the soup thickens to your liking.
6. Add back the fish and the vegetables and heat everything up thorough, if it’s too thick you can add a bit of water at this point.
7. Season well and serve! Sprinkle some more herbs if you want.
eat it with bread if you like but i don’t bother, it’s very rich as is!