A simple but effective recipe for Iced Tea. Enjoy!
1. Pour some cold water into the kettle, but do not boil it just yet!
2. Pour half (1/2) of the cold water into a clean mug or glass. Add some sugar to this water, depending on how sweet you want it!
3. Put the glass or mug into the fridge and leave to chill.
4. Leaving the cold water in the fridge alone, start to boil the rest of the water in the kettle. Flick up the switch of the kettle as soon as the water starts to boil.
5. Pour the boiled water into another mug or glass.
6. Add a tea bag or some tea leaves to the boiled water. Put cling film over the rim of the glass or mug and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
7. Take the chilled water out of the fridge, and then take out the tea bag (if you’re using one) or strain the boiled water into the chilled water (if you’re using leaves).
8. Pour into pint glasses and serve chilled. For presentation, pop in a slice of lemon or two ice cubes.