Melty Hot Choc Pud
A Very Sexy Pudding
1. First melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and add the cream. Stir continuously because it will burn easily. When it is all melted together remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool. When its cool place in the freezer. Leave in there while you make the mixture, you don’t want it freezing, just firm.
2. If you are planning to eat your puddings today, turn your oven up to 200 degrees. Alternitavely you can freeze puddings once they are made up, they will keep for 3 months. Just let them defrost and come up to room temperature before cooking.
3. Now for the mixture. Put the butter and sugar in a big mixing bowl and mix together unitl the mixture is creamy. Then add the eggs a little at a time, continuing to mix/beat.
4. Using a sieve, sift the flour and cocoa powder. Fold in with a metal spoon, don’t be too harsh or you will nock all of the air out of the mixture.
5. Prepare your ramakins by coating the bottoms and sides with left over marg or butter.
6. Line the bottom of each ramakin with the mixture, then press up the sides. Get the cream out of the freezer, get a spoonful of it and place in the middle of the mixture in the ramakin. Then seal the cream by covering the top with some more cake mix. Make sure it is sealed all the way around otherwise the creamy mix will leak out while cooking.
7. Cook in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, check to see if they feel firm/springy. If not, leave for another 3-5 minutes.
8. The easiest way to get them out of the ramakins is to use a knife. Run it round the ramakin, place a plate over the top of the ramakin, turn upside down, tap on the bottom of the ramakin GENTLY and slowly lift it off. You may need to use a cloth because they will be pretty hot.
It may look complicated but its actually incredibly easy and really impressive. As long as you get the ingredients right and make sure the filling is sealed in, its pretty idiot proof. Oh and make sure you GREASE THE RAMAKINS!! I find a white choccy centre is a bit sickly, but try it and see what you think. Using a Caramac bar works well too, but again can be a little sickly.