Published Thursday, 28 March, 2013 by Alpa
1) in a pan, heat up the olive oil.
2) once it is a little heated, throw in the chopped onions and garlic (note: if using garlic powder, don't put it now) (this is the most time-consuming part of the recipe ~2 mins)
3) once the onions are cooked as per your preference, throw in the olives and saute for 10 seconds.
4) pour in the crushed tomatoes and mix it well.
5) start seasoning with the spices: salt, chilly powder and garlic powder (if applicable)
6) once everything is mixed well, it is ready to serve.
best part of this recipe, you can modify the flavor to make it more tangy by adding olives, more salty by adding salt or more spicy by adding more chilly/cayenne pepper powder.
if the flavors are too strong, just add some butter to mellow it down.
Spicy tomato pasta - low fat, great taste!
Reaallyy good easy (and cheap!) food
A simple, filling soup that takes minutes to prepare
It may not be the most inventive recipe but hey it's something i've rarely seen done!
3 tins and a little cheese= mmmmm