Published Wednesday, 23 November, 2011 by Taylor
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Take off the heat, add the milk a little at a time, stirring (or whisking) each time, to make smooth.
- Bring to the boil when all the milk has been added.
- Keep stirring, then turn down the heat until it's simmering.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Take off the heat, add cheese and stir until melted. The sauce should thicken.
- Add pepper to taste (optional)
Once you've drained your pasta, simply put the pasta back into the warm pan and add the sauce. Place back on the hob for a few minutes, stirring all the time, letting it heat up.
Fragrant, herby, delicious and easy, this is ready in 15 mins
Thick and low fat cheese sauce
Easy versatile pasta dish with meat and tomato sauce that can be eaten for a few meals
A quick cheap pasta meal for when the cash runs dry
Vegetarian Minestrone https://t.co/osD5VWEYGE
Vegetarian Tofu Stir Fry https://t.co/TKRRm31az2
Stalker's soup https://t.co/XlRfp8lacL
Chicken fried rice https://t.co/UZBRfXSSdc
Homemade beef burgers https://t.co/fI59fB3vlR