Published Sunday, 19 October, 2014 by Anonymous
First i would like to say that you can leave out any of the vegetables or add any of your own. This recipe is based on a jamie oliver recipe for pasta with cauliflower and panchetta but i just kept adding stuff so it is kind of my own now.
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Boil a pot of water and add some salt. Chop the cauliflower into pieces and boil them for about 6 minutes(8 if you use frozen roses). Leave the cauliflower asside for a while, it doesn't matter if it gets cold.
2. Chop the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Heat 3/4 of the butter in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for two minutes, don't burn the garlic!! Add the mushrooms and fry for four more minutes, add salt and pepper. Always add salt when you fry mushrooms, they won't cook when you don't because they won't lose they're fluids when you forget the salt. You don't want the mushrooms to be completely cooked because they will cook a bit more in the oven later. Set the pan aside.
3. Boil your pasta for about 2 minutes. This too does not need to be cooked at the end because it will cook more in the oven. Keep the pasta with the boiled cauliflower for the moment.
4. Dice the peppers and carrots into little cubes.
5. Now we wil put it all together. Get a big pot and put the pasta, cauloflower, mushroom-onion-garlic mixture, peppers, carrots, frozen peas, sweetcorn and ham into the pot. Give this all a good stir. Add the cream or creme fraîche and stir again. Add about 30 grams of the cheese and stir again. Taste this mixture. Add salt and pepper to your own taste.
6. Get a big oven tray and put the pasta mixture in. Dice the rest of the butter into little cubes. Sprinkle panko or bread crumbes on top of the pasta mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Put the cubes of butter on top of this(it'll transforme the panko/bread crumbes-cheese top into an amazing crust. Bake the pasta mixture in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes and you are good to go!
"Tuna" pasta mayo (vegan): Cheap and cheerful "tuna" mayo. https://t.co/TZgVkDK6Gd
Russian Salad: Have you tried?? https://t.co/39WQqDjgXy
Chocolate Fuljadi: Happy Diwali!! https://t.co/WR3E7Wyjxl
Chicken and Avocado Sandwich: So tasty and easy to make https://t.co/RZ5q0eiVdn
Bhakarwadi Chaat: Is it this easy?? https://t.co/pnn4XbazXn