Published Monday, 03 May, 2010 by Lee
Start the pasta as you're cooking the sauce, it will cook just at the same time as the sauce does (normally!)
I say garlic clove, you can use dried. I have found pickled garlic cloves in a jar that keep forever in the fridge, so much better than dried!
1. Heat a pan to a medium/hot temperature, heating some oil at the same time. Cook your onions until they are just turning (few minutes) and then add the garlic.Then add your mince and cook until it has browned
2. Add the stock cube and all the dry herbs and spices and give it a quick stir around. Add as much or as little as you like, it is all depending on your own taste. I have about a teaspoon of each as I like an intense flavour
3. Add the tomato puree and stir
4. Then add the tinned tomatoes and baked beans
5. Heat everything all the way through and keep stirring every now and again so it doesn't burn.
My friends tell me this is a great tasting dish. I think so too! But please leave comments with suggestions or anything you did differently!