Cheap, simple and nicer than it sounds.
1. Fil kettle and put on to boil. Turn on hob and put pan on heat to be heating up.
2. Once kettle has boiled, pour water into pan and salt. Add pasta.
3. The pasta should take 10 minutes from when the water boils again after it’s been added. Once it is done, drain it and put it back in the pan.
4. Open the pilchards and pour over the pasta. Stir them and the sauce in well with a wooden spoon, making sure to break the pilchards up a bit as you do do.
5. Grate some cheese over and stir in. It should melt in with the heat and mingle with the sauce.
6. Eat. And watch out for the spinal cords. They’re edible, but aren’t pleasant.