Published Friday, 07 November, 2008 by Zoe
1. Chop sausages into slices. Place into a frying pan with a small amount of oil. After a few minutes add the onions; keep turning sausage bits over. If the onion starts to stick add a bit of the stock.
2. Cook rice in a saucepan according to packet instructions. Add carrots and sweetcorn about halfway through cooking time, making sure you stir it every now and again to prevent the rice sticking. This can be done at the same time as step one!
3. If you are waiting for the rice to cook and the sausages are ready, take the pan off the heat and wait for the rice to finish. Drain the rice using a sieve then return to pan.
2. Add the remaining stock to the pan and stir! Bring to the boil and add a little flour to thicken if necessary (This depends on how much stock you use).
3. Add pepper and garlic to taste, then serve!
As a student it's important that you get enough protein to keep you energized throughout the day. Here are 14 ways to ensure you do just that! Find more snack ideas on our Pinterest Page! www.pinterest.com/studentrecipes/