1. place the rice in a microwavable bowl and add boiling water.
2. Stir in 2 chicken stock cubes and a teaspoon of curry paste until disolved.
3. cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes (depending on the quantity of rice - more than 2 portions will take up to 15 minutes).
4. peel and chop the onions into thin rings.
5. season the onions with salt and pepper and add 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds.
6. fry in a little oil until brown (but not burnt!). The onions should cook down and reduce in size by about half.
*Tip* Do not begin the next stage until the rice and onions are cooked.
3. heat up a dash of oil in a large pan (non stick works best as you wont need to use as much oil), add the egg whites and cook as you would scrambled eggs.
4. Add the rice and stir so that the egg is spread evenly throughout the rice.
5. crumble in 2 chicken stock cubes and add curry powder to taste.
6. Add the peas stir them into the rice for about 2 minutes until they are defrosted.
7. Lastly, stir in the cooked onions.
8. Serve and enjoy!
*Tip* this is a great side dish and tastes fab with a curry (try my slow cooked beef curry recipe) but you can also add in cooked chicken, beef, pork, prawns or crayfish for an easy main course.
this is your basic egg fried rice
super easy and delicious, best done with left over rice
Delicious,cheap,quick and simple
Egg and chicken fried rice, just like from the take away
Takeaway style for about 60p per portion.