Published Wednesday, 16 December, 2009 by rebekah
1. Boil 2 pots of water on the stove, one for vegetables to steam or boil, and one for rice or noodles to accompany the stir fry. (if desired)
Fill the pot with hot water to speed up the boiling process.
2. Heat oil in a pan for a minute or so until very hot.
3. while waiting for the pan to heat up, combine in a small bowl the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar (if including it), and the garlic mixture.
4. Add the meat to the hot pan, be careful as it will spit as the meat goes in if it's hot enough (if it's not hot enough the meat may become tough)
5. By this time the vegetables and rice should be ready to add to the boiling water.
6. Once the meat is browned and almost throroughly cooked, add the vegetables ( i like to only steam them for a short time so they have a nice crunchy texture in the finished stir fry)
7. Add the sauce to the meat and vegetable mixture and stir through until combined and fully heated.
8. Serve with rice or noodles if desired.