Can Be Used For A Large Cake Or Some Smaller Cakes.
(Make sure oven is preheated to around 200 degrees.)
1. Mix together butter and sugar.
2. Add flour and mix.
3. Beat the egg, and pour into mixture.
4.If the mixture is still a bit dry, add milk until it is smooth.
5. Separate mixture into 2 halves in separate bowls.
6. Choose 2 types of food dye, (Green and Blue are good).
7. Add a tsp of one dye to one half of the mixture.
8. Add a tsp of the OTHER dye to the OTHER half of the mixture.
9. Spoon one half into a sandwich tin, and the other half into another sandwich tin.
(Alternatively, layer one into a deeper tin, and pour the other on top. Be careful not to mix together the colours. However, the sandwhich tins work best.)
10. Put cake in oven to bake!! (Around 20 mins- ish- keep checking on it!!!)
1.Add butter to a bowl; soften with a metal spoon/fork or an electrical hand whisk.
2. Carefully mix in icing sugar (you don’t want sugar clouds…)
3. Beat until smooth.
4. Add the final colour of food dye. (Avoid using the same colour as your Jam.)
5. Again, beat until smooth.
FINALLY- THE DECORATION:
1. Once cake is out of the oven and has cooled, take one half and spread the top with Jam.
2. Take the other half of the cake and spread the bottom with your butter icing.
3. Sandwich together
4. Sprinkle the top with a dusting on icinc sugar.
VOILA, a beautiful rainbow cake 🙂
When my friend and I made this, the sponge was gorgeous and soft, without being too moist of too dry. Also, make sure you only use good food dye, as cheap stuff can leave your spong looking like zombie sponge (all grey-ish and washed-out).