I know, i thought they sounded disgusting too, but they taste amazing.
1. preheat oven to 200o. Grease 8 texas muffin pans.
2. place rice, chicken, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, onions, basil, eggs and salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
3. spoon mixture into the prepared muffin trays. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. bake for 15 /20 minutes or until cakes are firm to the tough and light golden.
5. stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a flat blade knife around the edges of cakes to remove.