Published Tuesday, 25 November, 2008 by Kirsty
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins in a large saucepan, over a high heat for 20- 25 minutes until they are tender. Drain well and cool slightly.
2. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut them into bite sized cubes.
3. Fry the bacon gently in its own fat until crisp; remove from the pan and drain thoroughly on kitchen paper towels.
4. Add the onion to the bacon fat in the pan and fry gently for about 5 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
5. Stir in the flour and the sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Gradually blend in the water and the vinegar; bring to the oil and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
7. Add the potatoes and bacon back to the pan. Mix gently and heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parsley.
The best potato salad you will ever have!
my take on tuna nicoise salad minus the olives
Very filling side dish for two or great snack or lunch for one
a creamy but low fat potato salad recipe for those watching their waist-line
Cheap, simple and delicious.