Simple and fairly healthy bolognese sauce
1. Preparation – dice onion, peel carrot + then grate, peel apple + then grate, grate cheese
2. Fry mince + onion until meat is all thoroughly cooked
3. Add carrot, the whole tin of tinned tomatoes + tomato puree to taste
4. wait for the mixture to come to boil and then add the grated apple + some of the cheese
5. Add salt, pepper, cayenne + paprika to taste and mix. the longer the mixture is cooking the nicer the taste. However, as soon as it is hot and pasta is cooked it is ready to eat so it is personal preference as to how long you leave the bolognese on the hob for.
6. This recipe will easily feed 4 people so whatever is not eaten can be frozen and re-heated (make sure the meat is piping hot when re-heated)
7. Pour the bolognese over your chosen pasta and use the rest of the grated cheese to garnish