This curry is done in the slow cooker but you could cook it in a covered casserole dish in the oven for about 2 – 3 hours on a low heat if you dont have a slow cooker. Slow cooking is great as it leaves the meat really tender.
1. place the beef, onion and garlic in the slow cooker.
*tip* you can brown the meat in a frying pan first although I never bother as it means there is more washing up!
2. stir in the spices, tomatoes, a little stock, 2 – 4 tablespoons of tomato puree, 1 – 2 tablespoons of curry paste and a splash of red wine.
3. Place the lid on the slow cooker and leave on the highest setting to cook. This will take around 2 – 3 hours although you can leave it all day.
4. Place the spinich in the slowcooker on top of the curry to steam about 20 minutues – half an hour before you want to eat. When it has wilted stir it into the sauce.
5. Stir in 4 – 5 tablespoons of creme fraiche before serving.
*Tip* You should add just enough creme fraiche to make the sauce turn orange, to much will be to rich and creamy, to little wont have much impact at all.
6. Serve with boiled rice or nann bread or you could try my egg fried rice recipe!