Published Monday, 11 March, 2013 by Ed Bergdahl
1. Mix the oats and sugar in a big bowl.
2. Chop the butter into smaller bits and put in a pan on the hob.
3. Gently heat butter so that it melts.
4. Add the heaped spoonfuls of golden syrup to the saucepan whilst butter is melting.
5. Once butter and golden syrup are all melted and mixed together, add contents of saucepan to mixing bowl.
6. Mix oats, sugar and melted mix until there are no dry oats (all oats should look darker and be coated in the butter/syrup mix!)
7. Squash oat mix into desired shape in a baking tray (i.E. Cupcake sized in a cupcake tray or flattened as one big slab on a deep square tray)
8. Add mini eggs to centre and ensure they are covered by flapjack mixture.
9. Place tray into preheated (180c) oven and wait till surface of flapjacks go golden brown (15-20mins)