Published by Rhiannon
1. Finely chop the onions and cook on a low heat with some olive oil or butter.
2. Boil the potatoes, steam the carrots and leeks (if you don't have a steamer then a colander in a large saucepan with a lid on the top works just as well.... make sure you check it hasn't boiled dry, I have burnt many... many...many saucepans this way)
3. When the onions are brown and soft add the leeks and cook for a few mins adding some black pepper.
4. Add a pint and a half of chicken stock.
5. Dice the potato and chuck it into the saucepan with the carrots
6. Cover and simmer on a low heat for as long as you like, topping up with water if it starts to reduce.
7. Eat with crusty wholemeal bread and snuggle up on the sofa...
Thanks, Helen for uploading this baked eggs recipe!!!
heathy,filling and warming
Filling and packed with goodness
Winter filling fodder, my mum's recipe, cheap and lush
A hearty soup for the cold months
Can be changed according to taste. rough count of 15 to 20 minuets