Published Thursday, 24 October, 2013 by Beth Bradshaw
1) fry the onions in a drizzle of oil on a medium heat for 5 mintues, then add the garlic, pumpkin, lentils and the spices for another 5 mins
2) then, add the hot chicken stock and allow to simmer on a low heat for around 30 minutes
3) once the pumpkin is cooked, check the seasoning and see if you want more of a quick - if so add a tsp more of spice.
4) then use the hand blender to whizz everything up nice and smooth. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add some boiling water or a splash of milk to loosen up the soup
5) serve with a nice toasted bread roll - yum !
It's game day! Are you having a barbeque??? If not, you should!