Spicy mexican bean soup
Chunky mexican-style bean soup
1. Fill the kettle and put it on to boil.
2. Fry the onion and garlic until soft in a large saucepan with a splash of olive oil.
3. Add the tin of tomatoes and the tin of chilli beans
4. Add chilli powder (as much or as little as you want, generally about 1tsp of mild)
5. Crumble a vegetable stock cube into a jug, and add 3/4 pint of boiling water. Stir well and add to the saucepan.
6. Bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer gently for 20 minutes.