1. Finely chop the leeks, grate the onion and peel and chop the tatties.
2. Add the knob of butter to a pan on LOW heat, once melted add the leeks and onion and leave to sweat with the lid on for 10 mins.
3. Whilst the leeks and onion are sweating, make your stock. I never measure the boiled water i just stick it in another pan and add the vegetable and chicken stock cubes. Finally add the salt and pepper to taste.
4. Measure out the milk in a jug.
5. Add stock, milk and tattties to the leeks and onion, bring to the boil and leave to simmer untill the tatties are soft.
( You can blend the soup with a hand blender or leave it as it is, also you can add a swirl of single cream in at the end but it’s completely optional.)