Published Tuesday, 29 June, 2010 by Dania
1. Crack eggs into a shallow bowl. Beat in the sour cream, sugar, cinnamon.
2. Dip the first slice of bread into the mix to soak. Turn. Repeat with the second slice.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan. When bubbling, put the eggy bread in and fry each side till crisp and golden.
4. Meantime, heat the blueberries in a small pan with sugar and lemon juice. Heat till they're just soft.
5. Serve bread with maple syrup, icing sugar, blueberries.
add vanilla extract and cinnamon to egg mix .
use stale bread or brioche.
use milk instead of sour cream.
make Banana French Toast. Soak in egg mix. Fry till golden on each side. Bake 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
fry sandwiches made with sweetened cream cheese, chopped walnuts.
soak crustless cheese sandwiches in egg, milk, mustard, and bake in a greased shallow dish at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for 10 minutes or until cooked through/crispy
vegans - soak bread in soy milk, sugar and vanilla extract, and fry in soy margarine till golden
serve the compote with ice-cream, yogurt
No eggs? no problem!
Delicious and filling french toast for hungry students who don't have time to cook.
mmmm french toast
egg juices cover the beard to give it a crispy coating
eggy bread with sugar yummmmmmmmmm