Published Wednesday, 02 November, 2011 by anushri
Method Step I
1. Prepare lemon juice mixture for the seasoning by combining lemon juice, sugar, water & salt.
2. Heat oil in a tadka ladle, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
3. Add asafoetida powder, broken red chillies & saute for few sec.
4. Switch off gas, add curry leaves and saute for few sec; add lemon juice mixture & stir well.
1. Combine besan, lemon juice, sugar, salt, water and oil; mix well & set aside for 5 to 10 min.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with water on high flame.
3. Grease a deep stainless steel container with vegetable oil.
4. Add a tsp of eno fruit salt to the besan mixture; combine well & immediately pour on to the greased vessel.
5. Steam cook for about 15 min; do not pressure cook using the cooker weight.
6. Let the dhoklas become warm/hot enough to handle.
7. Lift vessel out of the pressure cooker; make vertical, horizontal slits on the dhoklas with a sharp knife.
8. Gently pour the seasoning in to the slits; let the dhoklas soak in it for a while.
9. Transfer dhokla pieces on to a serving plate.
10. Garnish with fresh grated coconut & cilantro.
11. Serve with sweet chutney, green chutney or with any tomato ketchup of your choice.
Steam cook khaman dhoklas in a dhokla rack/dibba/cake pan/deep stainless steel container for best results.