White Chocolate Cookies
The best cookies in the world with velvety white chocolate chunks!
1) preheat oven to 150ºc/ 302ºf/ gas mark 2 before starting
2) line two baking tins with grease proof baking parchment
3) place the butter and both sugars into a food processor/ electric mixer and beat until soft and fluffy
4) beat the egg (with the nutmeg) and gradually mix into the mixture
5) place the mixture into a large bowl. Sift the flour and add to the mixture. Carefully fold the flour into the creamed mixture with the vanilla essence.
6) roughly chop the white chocolate into small pieces, then add to the mixture and gently mix together to blend.
7) spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared tins, making sure there is enough space in-between the cookies for them to spread. ( 4 cookies per row and 3 per column works well)
8) bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden (still slightly soft), then remove and allow to cool for a few minutes. Once more solid, use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.